Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fire starting (Firesteel)

I wanted to make a quick video about an alternate way to start a fire.  Its safe to assume we all can start a fire with a common heat source like a lighter, but what if we didn't have one available.  In the following video I will demonstrate how to start a fire with a Firesteel.  It is a tool similar to that of flint and steel.  It will last longer than any lighter, and can make fires under more circumstances.  Striking the Firesteel with a knife or the striker included with it, generates sparks.  These sparks will ignite our fuel and start the fire. I build my fire in three steps, tender, kindling, and lastly fuel wood which you will see in the video.  Please be aware this is my first video ever, so its not of the highest quality.  Also I made this directly after getting off work(hence why I look so rough!)  Stay frosty.




No comments:

Post a Comment